Lea Papworth Acupuncture
Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) has a long history related to infertility, as far back as 200 A.D herbs were documented as being used to treat infertility and miscarriage. Recent research has demonstrated the usefulness of combining TCM and western medical treatments such as IVF procedures, and it is considered a worthy adjunct by many western fertility specialists.
Traditional Chinese views are that infertility tends to arise from one or more of three prominent causes:
- A “deficiency” syndrome prevents the hormonal system from properly influencing the sexual and reproductive functions.
- A “stagnancy” syndrome prevents the sexual and reproductive organs from functioning despite normal hormone levels and normal ability to respond to hormones.
- A “heat” syndrome, which causes the affected organs to function abnormally. Heat syndromes may be associated with an infection or inflammatory process. (Subhuti Dharmananda, Ph.D., Director, Institute for Traditional Medicine).Due to restrictive advertising requirements I am not allowed to discuss my scope of practice, if you wish to enquire please contact me on 0422 044 259.
- Midwife ( no longer registered)
- Master Of Traditional Chinese Medicine (distinction)
- Diploma of Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine
- Member of Australian Acupuncture and Chinese medicine association
14 Halifax Street, Hilton, South Australia 5031
Contact Lea Papworth
0422 044 259